Dependent children documentation required

The IRS has increased penalties on tax preparers to as much as $2,080 per return for failure of due diligence in claiming  Head of Household, Earned Income Credit, Child Tax Credit and American Opportunity (Education) Credit.
Please bring any documentation that shows your children live with you and can be properly claimed. This can include school, medical or childcare records that show the child’s address. Medical insurance forms 1095-A from MNsure, and 1095-B and 1095-C obtained from your employer can be very helpful. This is the
that specifies what could be needed to show your eligibility.
REMEMBER: bring Form 1098-T to claim any Education Credits. This is provided by the school or college and is required  to claim credits.
We ask for your patience since we will probably need to ask you more questions this year to satisfy the new IRS requirements.